Ilias Ennahachi successfully defended his Super Series flyweight kickboxing title in the main event of ONE Championship: Age of Dragons on Saturday on Beijing, China with a unanimous decision win over Wenfeng Wang.
Buoyed by his home support, Wang waded into the exchanges in the final two rounds, but the Dutch fighter had likely already had an impact on the judges’ scoring card with his pinpoint striking from a multitude of angles over the opening three-rounds.
“This was not my best fight, but sometimes you have a good fight…the best fight…but this time I still won the fight,” the champion said following his victory.
In the co-main event, Roman Kryklya claimed the ONE Super Series light-heavyweight kickboxing world title after surviving an early storm from opponent from Tarik Khbabez. As soon as the second round started, Kryklya prompted the referee to get involved twice as he unloaded on his smaller counterpart. After the second pause in action, the towering Ukrainian could taste blood and forced the stoppage with a hard-hitting flurry on the restart.
In his promotional debut, short notice stand in Jamal Yusupov pulled off the biggest upset of the card when he toppled Muay Thai royalty Yodsanklai Iwe in the second round of their Super Series clash. The Russian’s win marked the first time that the infamous Thai boxer has been stopped in over a decade.
The fighter who owns the sole defeat on UFC champion Weili Zhang’s record, Meng Bo, opened her ONE account with knockout victory after she planted Laura Balin to the ground with a with right-left combination, prompting the referee to stop the action in the first round.
Commonwealth gold medalist and daughter of legendary Indian wrestler Mahavir Singh Phogat, Ritu Phogat, put on a dominant showing in her MMA. Debut. After claiming side control, Phogot landed heavy ground and pound until the referee stepped in to stop the action in the first round.
Opening the main card, Jeremy Miado stunned the audience with a devastating knee knockout of Li Tao Miao after a spirited grappling back forth between the duo. Miado has claimed all three of his victories under the ONE banner via knockout.
- Ilias Ennahachi def. Wenfeng Wang via unanimous decision [Kickboxing]
- Roman Kryklya def. Tarik Khbabez via TKO (punches) in R2 [Kickboxing]
- Jamal Yusupov def. Yodsanklai IWE via KO (punches) in R2 [Muay Thai]
- Meng Bo def. Laura Balin via KO (punch) in R1
- Ritu Phogat def. Nam Hee Kim via TKO (punches) in R1
- Jeremy Miado def. Li Tao Miao via KO (knee) in R1
- Christina Breuer def. Jorina Baars via split decision [Kickboxing]
- Kai Tang def. Edward Kelly via unanimous decision
- Yusup Saadulaev def. Daichi Takenaka via unanimous decision
- Enriko Kehl def. Armen Petrosyan via TKO in R2 [Muay Thai]
- Hexigetu def. Ramon Gonzales via unanimous decision