This program is the follow-up to Logical Communication — a course that emphasizes logical flow, organization of ideas. The emphasis of the course, in comparison, is insight: those fleeting, intuitive leaps and connections all of us make at some point — magic glimpses of understanding, as well as wisdom.
In our lives that are daily we seldom capture our insights, seldom record them or explore them. Yet they generate for splendid essays. Students in this course, accordingly, are trained, first, to note and record their own observations and insights; eliteessaywriters.com sign up second, to explore them in the shape of essays.
The problem aided by the approach that is academic
In schools, the essay is normally presented to students as a peculiar artifact regarding the classroom, unrelated towards the world that is outside. Students come to understand the essay as an embarrassing but necessary academic chore, one properly conducted in a rigid and tedious form, such as the essay that is five-paragraph.
Consistent with this method, students are usually asked to write essays before they have actually read any.
Everything concerning this approach does students a real disservice. The fact is, essays play a vital role in real life: these are the principal forum for sharing insights or discoveries or for hashing out controversies. In just about any field of human endeavor — science, economics, history, law, foreign policy, you name it — the leaders or pioneers in the field invariably seek out the essay given that medium of preference for discussing new developments out from the frontiers of discovery. So atlanta divorce attorneys field, probably the most discussions that are important debates take place in the form of essays.
In addition, traditional writing instruction leaves students ill-prepared for writing challenges they will soon face — e.g., college-admissions essays, scholarship-application essays — which bear little resemblance towards the five-paragraph essay. Students in this course, by comparison, emerge not only with relevant training for writing essays that are such they emerge with a toolkit for producing them with great efficiency.
Knowing the form
It’s no accident that this program is called Essay Writing & Appreciation: our students read a number of the finest essays ever written. In this program, moreover, the essays have been selected with regards to their insights that are astonishing.
Comprehending the essay form and what it may achieve is important into the intent behind the course: equipping students to convey their own thoughts and insights on paper. The course prepares our students to participate in the real world of essays — discussions conducted by leaders in whatever fields our students may pursue in this manner.
Students in this program undertake a variety of class activities and homework. As well as analyzing and reading essays by great writers, our students:
- maintain a notebook of observations & insights;
- routinely sketch out essay >The activities in this course may also be designed to reinforce skills studied in Logical Communication — skills like:
- Crafting openings that are effective
- clear thinking;
- producing logical flow;
- clarity and precision of expression;
- economy of expression;
- enhancing impact.
The fee for this course that is two-semester $ 1340.
($670 per semester).
What exactly is included
This course comprises:
- Thirty sessions that are 90-minute thirty 1-hour sessions, for an overall total of 75 hours of live instruction, including activities and discussion;
- command of language — the ability to put thoughts into clear English, with rich vocabulary, correct usage, and correct punctuation;
- knowledge, perceptions, and insights — to phrase it differently, they have to have something to say;
- convincing arguments — the capacity to present a sound case, with clear points sustained by sol >Our writing instruction, accordingly, is predicated on the next principles:
- To produce writing that is clear students must first have clear thoughts.
- To create in a particular form — such as the essay they must explore models— they must first understand and appreciate that form, i.e.
- Students must certanly be equipped with an abundant arsenal of tools not merely for writing, but also for thinking — for working with thoughts and >For all those reasons, we teach writing in stages, with all the first stage being Logical Communication — a course for which our students become adept at dealing with ideas, identifying sound arguments, and perceiving logical flow. Also, our students read and started to appreciate essays that are great and then they start to write essays themselves.
Writing is one of the most difficult subjects to teach — and partly since it is not a single skill that is complex but rather a host of skills, all different and intertwined. Additionally, it is a process — and like all processes that are complex it is susceptible to inefficient, i.e., time-wasting, approaches.
To publish effectively, students must have: